About Bambi

So, I'm Katharine, not Bambi. Bambi is my stripper name. Yes, I know, very origional. This blog is all about my view, on whatever I see. Hope you all enjoy :)


10.07.2010

Republican From North Carolina Refers To Gays As Fruitloops!

This is truly just awful.

North Carolina's Republican State Representative Larry Brown has come under fire for using derogatory terms referring to homosexuals in an e-mail to at least 60 other state politicians!

Brown allegedly responded to an original e-mail sent out by House Minority Leader Paul Stam - which discussed Democratic House Speaker Joe Hackney's recent award from gay rights group Equality NC - with the message:

"I hope all the queers are thrilled to see him [Hackney]. I'm sure there will be a couple of legislative fruitloops there in the audience."
Wow. Just unbelievable.

Equality NC Executive Director Ian Palmquist is now demanding an apology.
He explains:

"I was pretty shocked to see a legislator using that language. Rep. Brown needs to apologize, but we haven't received any contact from him, not a word. It's offensive, but I really don't think he reflects what most North Carolinians think about gay people."
We certainly hope not!

We can't imagine why anyone would think that's an appropriate or acceptable way to behave, let alone on a mass e-mail chain!

So disappointing and wrong - especially because once again, it just proves how so many people in positions of power live with that kind of bigotry and hate inside of them - which gets passed on to our nation's young people.

And they are the people WE ELECT to fight for our rights.

An apology is DEFINITELY in order!



No comments:

Post a Comment