About Bambi

So, I'm Katharine, not Bambi. Bambi is my stripper name. Yes, I know, very origional. This blog is all about my view, on whatever I see. Hope you all enjoy :)


10.25.2010

The Lorax Comes To The Big Screen!

Dr. Seuss' classic story about The Lorax, a creature who speaks for the trees, is on its way to the big screen!

Sure, The Cat In The Hat is enjoyable, but REAL Dr. Seuss fans know that The Lorax is the good
doctor's masterpiece.

The story revolves around a hairy little creature who stands on his tree-stump podium and tries to convince people not to destroy the forest.

The animation team putting this project together previously made Despicable Me and Horton Hears A Who, and they've got quite a cast of vocal talent on board!

Here are the AMAZING actors who will be lending their voices to The Lorax:
-Danny DeVito as The Lorax
-Ed Helms as The Once-ler (a greedy creature who chops down trees to make his "thneeds," which are "a thing everyone needs")
-Rob Riggle as O'Hare (an industrialist who exploits the polluted world and sells cans of fresh air)
-Zac Efron as Ted (a boy who searches for the "Once-ler" to learn how the world became ugly)
-Betty White as Ted's Grandmother (a woman who lived in the world when it was beautiful)
Here's what Danny DeVito has to say about the Lorax's message:
"Look, I don't want to be gruff about it, but we've got to wake up and smell the oil burning. I'm hoping that the squeakiest wheel gets the least grease."
More from DeVito:
"I feel sometimes the only way to get things done is shake people up a little bit, and the Lorax is not a guy who pussyfoots around. He's not a guy who uses kid gloves."
We hope everyone will check out this family movie/cautionary tale when it is released!

It's a wonderful and important story, and we couldn't be happier to hear that it's getting such a high profile theatrical release!
 
I cannot wait!!!!  This was like my favorite story growing up!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment