About Bambi

So, I'm Katharine, not Bambi. Bambi is my stripper name. Yes, I know, very origional. This blog is all about my view, on whatever I see. Hope you all enjoy :)


10.12.2010

90210 Star Talks About Coming Out In Show

The reboot of 90210 may never compare to the glory that was Brenda Walsh and the original series, but we've really been feeling the way the reboot is handling the storyline involving the Teddy character coming to terms and accepting his homosexuality!

According to actor Trevor Donovan, the series will not be shying away from his developing relationship with the character Ian, played by Kyle Riabko, and the two will soon be filming the show's very first gay sex scene!

Donavan explains:
The thing with Teddy, and I think it’s very true to real life, is that he is so confused. So much in denial and not knowing how to deal with these emotions. So he acts out. Teddy will continue to struggle before he comes to the realization of who he is and Ian will be very supportive of that. He knows exactly where I’m coming from, so he’s patient and understanding and as their “relationship” develops, eventually Ian’s the one Teddy confides in. It does take a while though – but I think it takes time in life as well. We're telling a very deep substantial story. Teddy and Ian's “friendship” isn’t even displayed in public. He forgives me for using the F-word and that’s kind of it. Any interaction we have is in private, any conversation we have is in private — so yes, our friendship is on the down low. Teddy’s not ready – and he won't be for a while – to come out. As of right now, without giving too much away, from what we’ve shot, no one else has found out yet. It remains a secret for quite a while, even I don't know exactly where it's going. I haven’t yet, but one [love scene] is coming up – very soon in our shooting schedule. The writers are handling it very delicately. It won’t be gratuitous, which I think is very true to real life as well. Teddy’s not just going to jump in and be all for it right away. He’s going to tip-toe into it. It’s a very sweet storyline. It’s gonna be a PG thing: very subtle, very sweet, very real.
I am so proud to be the one given this storyline — especially once I really had a conversation with the executive producer about where the story was going and the concerns I had. I’m very impressed with how this is being written. It’s exactly how I hoped it would turn out. I’ve been getting Tweets and Facebook messages that run the gamut from heart-warming to inspiring to tear jerking – I really feel like we’re doing something positive here, and it just adds another layer to why I love acting: it lets me help people. I’m given the opportunity not only shed light with my storyline, but celebrities are bringing attention to the issue with The Trevor Project and It Gets Better. I’m glad it’s so publicized. It’s a good opportunity to remind people of what’s going on.
Wonderful!

While most hot-button issues on this mess are handled with about as much delicacy as there is age-appropriateness in a Miley Cyrus music video, the writers have clearly taken a lot of effort to realistically portray Teddy's coming out, so we're pretty excited to see how this romance develops!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment